Thursday, 6 April 2017

Lost

I was totally and utterly lost in a big city, nothing looked familiar and I knew nobody.
I kept going up to people and asking for directions but as in my waking life, I forgot them the instant I was told them.

I went to a woman at a train station and she gave me a host of lefts and rights. I walked onto the street and just looked around me in despair.

A man approached me and I asked him if he could help me. He unrolled a poster and said, "I certainly can" 
The poster was a photo of me with a caption of 'This man has no sense of direction'  with a phone number at the bottom.

I knew instantly that my wife had created this knowing my appalling habit of getting lost.

The man rang the number on the poster and suddenly my dear departed nan and grandad appeared, both hugged me and I cried with happiness.


                                        
09 10