Sunday, 18 October 2015

Fake dollars & fights

I was at work and it was 4.30pm, I was due to finish at 5pm but was going on holiday so my mind wasn't on work. My supervisor Adam came out of his office and asked me why I was still here, I didn't need telling twice. I scooped up my stuff and headed for the door. 

I exited the room and when I walked through the door to what should have been outside, I was back in work again. I attempted this several more times, each occasion, placing me back in the office. Adam came out of his office and told me to go home. My reply was, "I'm trying to!"

My final attempt worked but instead of being outside of work, I was walking in the street towards the city centre. It was also dark so some hours had passed. I noticed on the floor a bunch of cash, I picked them up only to discover they were fake American dollars, they resembled Monopoly money. 

I still pocketed them thinking that I'd find a use for them. As I walked a little further I saw a man staggering in front of me, he spat on the floor. His spit landed in a puddle and was full of blood. I approached the man from behind and saw a huge open bloody wound on the back of his head. 

I took his arm and spun him around only to discover it was friend and work colleague, Richy. He looked dazed and collapsed into the floor. I asked him what happened and he replied, "Some fights you don't win". As he said this his right eye began swelling up and closed as I watched. He drifted in and out of consciousness. 
I tried to shout out for help but no sound came from my mouth. I watched Richy fading away and couldn't do anything about it. 

 
09 10