Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Armless adoption

My dream last night was one of those that felt so real, I actually started to believe it and was genuinely upset when I woke up. 
I was introduced to a small boy who was about 7 or 8 years old. I was told he was disabled, he had no arms past his elbows and that he has never spoken to anyone. A woman bought him into the room I was in and I sat down next to him. 

I started to chat away to him and after a while he smiled and began telling me his name and all about himself, the woman looked on in disbelief. I then began running around, playing and laughing with him for hours. I told the woman I would adopt him. 

After officially adopting the boy I got him a set of robotic arms, once fitted he could use them as if they were real. The first thing he did with them was to use them to hug me and thank me for adopting him. 

I opened my eyes this morning smiling but then the sudden realisation that it was a dream sadened me briefly. Then I remembered that my childless life is the way I like things. 

  
09 10