Monday, 16 March 2015

Barking tube

I was on the Barking train station in Essex, which has an underground connection to the district line. It's been many years since I've been there but the underground train used to come in and would be able to be accessed from both sides of a single track with a platform either side. 

It was always very dark too and I saw the train arrive and both sets of doors open. I ran towards an open door but seemed to be getting nowhere. The faster I ran the harder it became to reach the door. 

Just as I got to the door, Scott from work appeared from the inside of the train. He smiled at me and could clearly see I was trying to board the train before the doors closed. He reached up his hand, pushed the button and the doors closed in my face. 
Scott waved and smiled at me as the train left the station.  

 
09 10