Saturday, 10 January 2015

Grumpy dispenser

I began by being on a very odd complex of raised gardens, which were connected via grassed walkways, all at different heights and twisted and turned. After going across one walkway, I'd step onto another garden, they were all resemblant of Chelsea flower show contestants, trying to win gold. 

Sat on a small grassy knoll was my younger sister, she smiled and so I thought she wanted to talk to me. I sat down next to her and she abruptly told me, "That seats taken". I got up and walked away. 

Next I arrived at a chemists to collect a prescription, the shop was in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't see anyone other than man washing a car outside. When I called out the guy cleaning the car dropped his sponge and walked into the shop. 

I noticed it was my work colleague Stu, he hadn't noticed it was me and appeared very grumpy at being disturbed. Stu was wearing blue coloured workman's overalls and a brown flat cap. He started to look into boxes to make up my prescription. As he did this the shop completely filled with people, all of which, Stu ignored. 

I sat waiting as a woman in the shop canvassed everyone for tea and coffee, then Stu shouted out, "Max!"  I walked over hoping he would acknowledge me but he just handed me a box and walked out the back of the shop in a foul looking mood. 
When I got into my car I checked my prescription. It was a box of matches. 

 
09 10