Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Just nod if you can hear me

I was in a room along with a large group of people. The mood was jovial and there was a lot of banter and discussions going on. 

I didn't know or recognise anyone in the room but I joined in some conversations. It wasn't until some time that I noticed that no one was actually talking to me directly or replying to me. 

I shouted in an attempt to make myself heard and even began waving my arms in frustration. Still no one engaged with me. I was totally invisible to everyone. 

This reminded me of a song and I started to sing it in my head and woke with it stuck on replay this morning. 

'There is no pain you are receding 
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon 
You are only coming through in waves 
Your lips move 
But I can't hear what you're saying'


Pink Floyd comfortably numb 1982

     
09 10