Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Handlebars and ponytails

Firstly I was in a furniture shop in the Lincolnshire seaside town of Skegness. The shop was closed as it was a Sunday during the winter. 
I was looking around the store with the owner who told me they wanted to sell the business. 

A man entered the shop, despite the closed sign being on and it being in darkness. He ignored us and walked the length of the store, before leaving. 

Next I was at work trying to remember the name of someone. I knew who I thinking of but couldn't pronounce their name. With a little help from one of my work colleagues, Lefty, it turned out I was talking about Lech Walesa, former trade unionist and Polish President. 

As I made comment to Lechs impressive handlebar moustache, George entered the room and sat down. Everyone stared at him as he looked strikingly different. 

Instead of his usual bald head, he was sporting a full head of hair, complete with a ponytail. George carried on as if nothing was different. Lefty and I looked at each other and started smiling. 

  
09 10