Monday, 25 November 2013

Lost in Barking

I was wandering around the Essex town of Barking. It was night time but the shops were all open. Having grown up in Barking and Dagenham, I was confident I knew my way around. 

I needed to go to the Boots store and headed off in that direction. I became very upset when the store wasn't where I remembered it. 
In fact nothing was where it used to be and I didn't recognise anything. 

I kept walking and ended up out of the town centre through a housing estate. 
Ahead of me I saw a small scruffy mongrel dog. He wagged his tail and ran to a front door of a house. 

I knocked on the door and a female opened it. Clearly the dog was hers as it was very happy to see her.  She thanked me and as I walked away I could see her laughing at me. 

I looked down at my attire and saw that I was wearing my tiger onesie. 
I smiled to myself and walked off into the darkness. 

     
09 10