Wednesday, 24 July 2013

House of the burning son

I was in a huge barn that was in the process of being converted into a home and I was looking around at the high open ceilings. 
For some bizarre reason I decided to start a fire and left before it took hold and put myself in danger. 

Next I was with my dad and showing him around the same barn. The ceiling beams were blackened and smoke damaged and I was saying to my dad what a shame it was about the fire. 
Not disheartened by this my dad was very excited as he told me that he had been posted there when he first joined the army and slept in the very same barn. 

I looked up at the ceiling and just one small crack of light was shinning through and I said that was good and it could be repaired. 
I then raised up a microphone towards my dad and asked him what it was like to be converting and eventually living in the place he had stayed when he was in the army. 
My dad just smiled and said, "I'm just very excited to be here". 




                        
09 10