Saturday, 20 July 2013

Elvis in a hoop

This morning as I slept I watched an Elvis Presley impersonator on stage dressed in his famous white suit. 
Thinking that he would be the usual poor standard for Elvis tribute acts, I was surprised when he sang, 'The Wonder of you' whilst spinning a hoola hoop around his waist. 

He then took the act to new heights when he stretched the hoop out so that he was able to get inside it and then roll around the stage as a human King of Rock n Roll wheel. 

I was very impressed and turned to say to my wife that he was very good not to sing out of key whilst he expertly span around the very edge of the stage without falling off. 

I now have the following playing over in my head:-

When no-one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me hope and consolation
You give me strength to carry on
And you're always there to lend a hand
In everything I do
 

                        
09 10