Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Lucky penny

Two days ago whilst in my garden and awake I found a penny. I placed it in my pocket, forgot about it, put it through the washing machine and tumble dryer before discovering it again yesterday.

In my dream last night I was in the seaside town of Skegness, were I used to live. Walking through the streets towards the amusement arcades I had no money until I remembered I still had the penny in my pocket.
I entered a penny slot arcade and noticed that the machine was a 2p push machine. Making sure no one saw me I inserted my penny. Immediately money started to pour out of the bottom, so much that I couldn't fill my pockets quick enough.
Sweets and toys started to fall out too and I now had the attention of everyone in the arcade.

Children and adults came over to help me, some handed me boxes and bags and helped to fill them with cash and prizes.
I noticed that some of the kids were helping themselves to the sweets but I was too intent on collecting up the cash.

I left the arcade with pockets bulging and arms full of prizes. As I walked I said the old adage to myself, 'If you see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck'.


09 10