Friday, 5 April 2013

Identity beating

I was walking at night along a street in the centre of the Cambridgeshire city of Peterborough. I was with my friend Matt and we calmly chatted as we strolled.
Suddenly slightly ahead I saw a huge black man running and shouting at something or someone ahead of him. The man had blood running from his forehead.

Before I could register what was going on, Matt pulled a metal baton from his jacket and started to give chase after the black man.
As Matt kept pace with the man he began to repeatedly smash the mans legs with the baton, but the man kept on running.
I ran after the two of them and I caught up with Matt on a corner. In the distance were two other men running off and they were covered from head to foot in blood as if they had been painted.
The black man was now walking away in a different direction.
Before I could ask what was going on Matt threw a walkie talkie at me and shouted, "Radio it in, it's identity theft".
I had no idea how to use the radio and mumbled into it that I needed an ambulance.

I looked around and no one was to be seen except Matt who approached me carrying a black bin bag that contained shredded letters. He looked triumphant.
I just looked at Matt and said, "where did you get that radio and baton?"


09 10