Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Stop thief!

I was working on a market stall, a bit odd in that I didn't have anything to sell but I stood there expectantly all the same.
The whole market was under cover inside a train station and I could see my work colleague, old man Geoff on a neighbouring stall. He too had nothing to sell.

I noticed a Romanian boy disappointedly looking over my stall, I could tell his nationality with just a glance.
Suddenly a whistle blew and dogs started to bark and the boy panicking, ran off.
An angry mob pursued the frightened boy shouting, 'Shoplifter stop', a pack of blood hounds on a lead followed with old man Geoff desperately hanging onto them.
What followed was the tracking and capture of the boy after a chase around the station.

Old man Geoff proudly marched his captive prize past me, displaying the boy for all to see and shouting, "Shoplifter'.

I pointed out to Geoff that we had no stock and the boy had stolen nothing.
The disappointment on his face was clear but he still continued parading the boy.


09 10