Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Mother, where are you?

I was driving around the city of Peterborough being followed in her car by my mother. Worrying as she never learnt to drive.
The plan being that she parked up and I would take her home in my car. Why I would when she had her own vehicle, we'll not go into.

Mother parked up on a roundabout, told you she never learnt to drive, I carry on driving as I'm singing away to the 1978 hit from Hot Chocolate, 'I'll put you together again'.
I drive for ages before I remember that I've forgotten mother.

I return to find her in the road walking off the roundabout with a huge queue of traffic behind franticly honking their horns.
Mother seems totally undaunted and continues to take her time.

Errol Brown, front man of Hot Chocolate formed the group in 1969.
In 2003 Brown was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to popular music for the United Kingdom.


09 10