Saturday, 14 April 2012

Getting away with murder

There was a programme in the late 1970's called Tales of the unexpected. Written and introduced by Roald Dahl. I was starring in one of the shows last night.

In it I worked as a hospital porter and decided to kill a male patient for reasons unknown.
I sprayed him with a paralysing substance rendering him unable to move apart from his eyes.
Blocking his nasal passage and gluing his mouth shut, I placed headphones on him and walked away knowing he would soon suffocate and would be ignored by staff.

I walk into a toilet cubicle to wee and notice soapy water running under the door around my feet.
The door opens and a cleaner moping the floor looks at me unapologetic.
I stop unable to urinate with him watching.

Realising I'm in a deep sleep but at work with my wife I suddenly wake up as I hear there is a burst water main that I'm being asked to attend to.
I open my eyes run at full speed and hit a wall head on!

Tales of the unexpected actually ran from 1979 to 1988.


09 10