Sunday, 4 December 2011

Italian imposter and house clearance

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball. Ah that Queen classic.

Last night I am at a house that is in dire need of being cleared and re decorated.
it is just full of rubbish, clothes and belongings of the previous occupants that for unknown reasons have left the property and vanished. I'm guessing that due to the current economical climate, they have fallen into rent arrears and done a midnight flit. But that's just an assumption.
I am trying to walk up the stairs upon entering the house which are there as soon as the front door is opened. They lead directly to the top of the house but then I have to crawl through a very small opening to enter the house.

I begin the long task of emptying the rubbish from the house when there is a knock on the door.
I open the front door to be faced with a man who states he is an official from the council. I ask him for his ID but he manages to slip past me into the house. I run after him and again ask for his ID. The man then starts to shout in Italian and I grab him by the scruff of the neck and throw him into the street, yelling to come back when he has the appropriate identification.
A rather sensible informative dream, with a reminder to always check ID of callers to your home.


09 10