Friday, 2 December 2011

Hotel bath & socks

This mornings song playing over and over in my head is, Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, the one from the John Lewis Christmas advert.
I'm staying in a very nice hotel with my wife but also appear to be sharing the room with a female friend called Lee-Ann.
I state that I require a bath and go into the on suite only to find a male friend called Chris in the bath already. He says that it's a bit cold and needs topping up with hot water.
Slightly shy at sharing the bath I decide that keeping my socks on will protect my modesty and run the hot tap as I undress.
I enter the bath and it starts to spill over the sides as there is no overflow fitted.
Chris gets out and leaves the room to allow me to bathe and my wife and female friend enter the room to watch me.
Then I can't find the shampoo and start to get in a mood, slashing around in my temper. I also am still wearing my socks. Our friend points out that the shampoo is right in front of me and I calm down and wash my hair.
The original version of the song from the advert was performed by The Smiths in 1984.


09 10